Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Leaf

So here I sit with an awesome family (the Roscoes) really loving my life at this moment. I guess how I ended up here would be a good way to start this blog.
 About 6 months ago (Sept. 5, 2010) to be exact I knew my life was falling apart.Previous to this day I was a 19 year old youth leader, going to school(to be a teacher), teaching color guard(my dream job), and dating the worship leader of our youth band( who was seemingly perfect for me). What can I say life was good...or so I thought. See the thing with God is that stepping outside of his will is dangerous, and he will bring you back to reality way faster than you could every imagine. Anyway back to Sept. 5th. It was a Sunday so of course I woke up went to church and even though my boyfriend was visiting another church I knew I was where God had placed me. After an awkward weekend I received a text that said, "No offense, but I'm just not sure about us." Funny right? None taken. This is a guy who a week earlier wanted to marry me, but in my heart of hearts I felt it coming all along. So after driving praying and lots of tears we broke up. This was just the start of the crumbling stage as I like to call it. So for two weeks I went to awkward Wed. night services knowing somehow it had to get better. On the 3rd Wed. after the break up my youth pastors and Spiritual Parents decided to resign their position because of the non unity in the church. What was I going to do? This youth group was my life...I cried. We all cried. As if that wasn't enough on my way home from church I received a text from one of my students saying, "I'm going to miss you." So this apparently meant I was fired. My Boyfriend, My youth group, and my job all gone in less than a month.
The following Saturday I decided to come to Fort Mill with my old youth pastors to help a woman of our church move. She was starting a missionary internship that she had told me about many times, but I ruled out because of the cost. The weekend was awesome I met some amazing people and when it was time to go back to Anderson I didn't want to leave. Before we left an offer arose to let me do the internship on scholarship. They would help me find a place to stay even a job. So after lots of thought and prayer, I decided to miss this opportunity would be stupid. God provided me with a place to live and an awesome roommate who I lived with for 5 months, a Job, and I had an awesome church family. Life was Good. Until my hours got cut at work and I started missing home( which was 2 hours away). I was ready to pack up and leave. But I'm suppose to be here. So this family offered me a room in there house and made lots of accommodations so I could live here. I am blessed. But I know the promise. I must stay in his will!

1 comment:

  1. Tesia,

    We are so glad you are here with us. Life is full of ups and downs, and they are not always indicators as to if you are in or out of the will of God. The best way to remain in His perfect will is to remain close to Him; stay in tune with His heart. Always be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and His leading. Seek first His kingdom. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.

    Remember you are Father's special girl. He has only good things in store for you. But that does not mean you will avoid the hardships of life. They will come. Just know that in all things God will work everything out for good, if you trust Him.

    You are just beginning this journey we call life. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't look or feel like you think it should, or thought it would. You are right where He wants you. He is teaching you to trust in Him and be patient. Waiting on the Lord is one of the most important things you could ever learn to do.

    Right now, focus on being His daughter, and growing in intimacy with your Beloved. If you learn to trust God fully as Father, and love Jesus fully as your Beloved, well, look out, because you will be one unstoppable ball of fire and love ready to change the world.

    One thing I can guarantee, and you will learn this along the way, is your ways are not His ways. The thoughts and plans He has for you are beyond comprehension. Don't be surprised if you look back 5 years from now and your life looks nothing like you expected.

    Trust more, worry less, and know that you have a whole community of family that loves you and is behind you 100%.

    ReplyDelete