Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Perhaps Things are a bit Blurry



Today I found myself in a very familiar place. I found myself in a storm. Not the one of the long drawn out storms that last for hours or even days; just a quick summer storm that last for 20 minutes then the sun pops out. But it was a storm none the less. In this quick storm I felt all the pain that is familiar from previous storms, but I knew the difference and I immediately found myself praying. Let me just say that I'm normally not that super spiritual person who just automatically starts praying, but I knew that I needed to get my emotions in check.
I began to pray about the situation that was causing so much conflict in me and my spirit was quickened. I heard the Lord ask, “Do you remember the call?” Ahhh there it is, the call.  On this Journey I have often considered walking away from God and living in the way of the world, but then he would whisper, “Beloved, remember the call.” Sometimes it’s a question and other times it’s just a reminder to shift my gaze.  At times we all need a gaze shift. I recently got glasses and when I put them on everything just seemed so much clearer. The funny thing about it is I didn’t realize I had been seeing everything blurry. Sometimes we as followers and lovers of Jesus Christ need to go to the throne and get a pair of spiritual glasses, the kind that can only come from the one with the clearest perspective and maybe you’re like me and don’t realize that you have been seeing things blurry.  I don’t know about you, but every so often I realize I’m not seeing things with a Christian perspective because I have let so much of the world’s voice into my life.  Maybe this is what God was talking about when he said be set apart. I don’t believe I’m not supposed to socialize with non-Christians, because thankfully a Christian invited me to a social event which led to my salvation!  However, I do know that the world should not have a voice in my life.  I should not be influenced or swayed by the temporary things on earth.
That quick 20 minute storm was just God’s way of shifting my gaze. I am thankful that this particular time I caught what he was doing in me, because I know I’ve missed it so many times before.   

1 comment: