Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Apply Pressure



How am I suppose to heal?

 Lately, this question has been in the back of my mind.

Do you ever feel like as you are walking into a new season of life you can still feel the wounds from the last season? If you’re like me, you can still feel them from a couple of seasons.  Weather the season was bad or good I have always left with wounds, some more direct than others.  It’s usually not until I revisit that area of my life that I notice…I’m still bleeding.

I am currently walking into a new season of life, one that I have prayed for and waited on, only to get here and realize… I’m still bleeding.  Another thing I have realized is it doesn’t make this season any less exciting or worthwhile, God has brought me here and now I am to fight for this. That’s biblical right? No one was ever given a victory without a fight. So I’m willing to fight and I’m will to work, because this is what I’ve prayed and hoped to be given.  That doesn’t change the fact that…

I need to heal. I’m still bleeding. So I find myself at random moments throughout the day falling at the cross and seeking my God, because I know that’s where healing happens.
In my short 4 year journey as a Christian God has healed me from many things. I have watched Him take the girl I use to be and turn her into a testimony. So why didn’t he touch this wound? Why are some areas of my life still bleeding?

I keep hearing that I serve a God who requires obedience.  He loves me and wants me to walk in healing, but sometimes he needs me to learn some things…so he takes me through some things. I won’t ever know that I should apply pressure to stop myself from bleeding, if I don’t ever bleed.  When you apply pressure to stop the bleeding it hurts at first, but eventually the bleeding stops and you know you will be okay. The bleeding has to stop before you can apply the Neosporin to help it heal.

Maybe that’s what this new season is…pressure to a wound that needs to stop bleeding.  I believe that soon I’ll stop bleeding and at the cross I will find my ‘Neosporin’. It may be just time with God, it may be a person, or even a new form of worship.

Maybe this is how I heal. Apply pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment