Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ahhh…Where to being? Well I guess I will start here…I am 5 weeks. These have been some of the best and worst days of my life. When I say the worst day of my life I am not magnifying the daily struggles I face here, but the life of struggle the Ghanaian people live with. I have seen poverty that makes the poorest parts of America look rich, and I have seen little children in the midst of problem I couldn’t handle. I now understand why God said go unto all the nations. I am here to offer them hope where there was none before and peace that they have never know; I am here to offer them Jesus. Something that really struck home with me was not seeing many kids with disabilities. I learned it’s not because they aren’t born, it’s because they don’t live. Some of the people I love most in the world if born here in Africa would not be alive. That is a life changing realization.

Learning to appreciate the little things is a big part of being happy. I had a Sunday school teach write after I got saved who talked about God’s love notes to us and how he leaves them just when we need them. Every day I find this to be so true. Sometimes all it takes is a little rain to turn your whole day around.

I have however learned to do things I would have never dreamed of doing at home:

Bathe from a bucket. Make spaghetti sauce from tomatoes. Gone over a month without a flat iron. Walked through a forest with monkeys swinging over my head. Met people who actually lived in mud huts.

I can say I have had my share of frustrations so far. I have even I had times of questioning why I ever left America.

In 5 weeks my flesh has been crucified. Things that I thought mattered (AE Jeans, Make-up, Coach Purses) … don’t really matter.

So along came the question....what really matters. Love? Hope? Peace? Joy? Obedience? And as I pondered these thoughts I always come back to obedience.

Obedience- dutiful or submissive behavior

Dutiful behavior. Ahhh. Now we are getting somewhere. I have a duty to fulfill. So every day I’m here I strive to remember that I am here because I have been obedient and lives can only be changed through obedient servants.


”I don't see success as the goal. Obedience is the goal.”


-Jerry B. Jenkins

1 comment: