Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Romans 11

04/02/13 9:53am
On my 12th day in Ghana, West Africa I have come to realize that everything is so different. It’s funny people can tell you how different it will be, but you can never really imagine a world outside of your own until you have experienced for yourself. I consider myself blessed that I am here with a family I am familiar with and they know what I am going through, I couldn’t imagine being in a different country only surrounded by people you don’t really know and that don’t speak your language. I have found out in these 12 days that to me the most difficult part of being a missionary is doing normal task ( like grocery shopping, washing dishes, even eating and cooking), when nothing about your surroundings is normal to you. Everything is an adjustment. My body is constantly adjusting to the smell, taste, and look of everything around me. Not all of my adjustments are bad. I am in my word like never before, so hungry for the voice of God. The culture here has been so humbling; it makes me thankful for everything I have. The people are extremely loving and helpful. And let’s not forget my absolute favorite part of life…kids. I know I am here because it’s the will of God and not out of self or flesh. My flesh is dying every day, but my spirit man is soaring. I know turning back is not an option because the word says in Romans 11 “The gifts of God are irrevocable”.
So as I move forward and continue to embark on this incredibly insane journey God has planned for me I invite you to come with me. Pray for not only me but the people I come in contact with every day. If God put a scripture or a word on your heart for me tell me. If you’re thinking of me let me know. I am so grateful that God picked me for this mission, but when he pick me he also pick you, my family and friends, to be my backbone and support. Thank you so much for you support and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment