Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

No greater love than this


Me and Joyce.
No greater love than this.

Last Friday we went to a Field Day that we helped put together in Homabenese, the village we visit often. It was an amazing day. We played soccer, taught a bible lesson, and even fed about 200 kids, but God had something in store for me I could never have planned for.

Two little girls attached themselves to me and I held them all day. One of the little girls’ names was Joyce and she was about 3 years old. She was absolutely beautiful and had cream on her face for a rash. She instantly melted my heart, and by 3 o’clock she was fast asleep in my arms.

The other little girl is about 2 years and didn’t speak enough English to tell me her name. She however was the opposite of quiet and shy Joyce. Every time I turned around she was taking someone’s shoe and laughing, or rolling in the grass entertaining herself. Her smile is so precious and when you hear her laugh you can’t help but laugh with her. When I got in the car to leave at the end of the day she had a tantrum and big tears rolling down her face as I slowly disappeared down the bumpy dirt road.
She was not simling.

I am forever changed by the 2 amazing people I got to have in my life, if only for a couple of hours. I witnessed joy that is in no way defined by materials and unconditional love and trust from such an untainted soul.


“At the cross I bow my knee, where your blood was shed for me. There’s no greater love than this.”

No comments:

Post a Comment