Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Friday, June 1, 2012

All for giggles and grins :)


My Ajuman having dinner with us. I love that face!!
I sit here in my little room somewhere in Ghana. I hear the kids playing outside my window and smell dinner coming from the kitchen as Stephanie attempts to make something we haven’t eaten constantly in the past 2 ½ months. I’m hot and sweaty although I have already taken a shower and I would kill for some Doritos. No matter how much I desire to be alone, there is always someone or something demanding my attention. On any given day you can find the cutest 4 year old standing outside my window screaming, ”Tesia it’s me Ajuman. Tesia.”

Three days a week, when I go to assist at Mother Smith School, I hear a group of 2 and 3 year olds screaming Oburni Tesia as I walk towards them.  As I grade papers for hours sitting in a 1st grade class room I constantly hear Madam Tesia please look at my work.

No matter where I am going there are the bumpy dirt roads and the constant beating of the sun. I cannot remember what it feels like to ride in a car and not pour sweat. There is always someone wanting to sell you something, or expecting them to give you something.

All these things are not complaints. I love my little room. I love the creative cooks me and Steph have become since arriving in Ghana. I love that I can hear kids who are happy to just have each other, and it’s hard for me to imagine my life with without that cute 4 year ever again.

 Those 2 and 3 year olds steal my heart every time I look into those big brown eyes and I love the fact the 1st grade students giggle every time I tell them good job.

The fact that a God who is big enough to give these people everything they need but, allows me to be involved in their daily life amazes me. I cannot understand why he chose me. I often feel so completely inadequate, but God constantly reminds me that I am enough.

Those smiles turned my world upside down...or right side up.
To say I don’t miss the comforts of home would be a lie. I miss going out to a movie and grabbing dinner after. I miss calling up my best friends when I have had a bad day and pigging out on Ben and Jerry’s.
Although I return to the States in about 3 months I can’t imagine ever living the same again. I can’t imagine living in abundance and complaining that I don’t have enough. For way too long I said I believed in the Word of God but didn’t live as if I did. He tells us when we have abundance to give it to those who have nothing. 

I am changing. He is changing me. Through it all I am just looking to him for grace, the grace to be his beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment