Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Here am I. Send me!

"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me." Isaiah 6:8

Almost 2 years ago when I accepted the call God placed on my life, I had no idea what that entailed. I had no idea that moving away from everything I ever found comfortable would be so hard. I didn’t know that even being only 2 hours away I would miss my friends and family so much. See I didn’t know that I would have to wait on the Lord for 3 months before he provided a job and then wait for him to provide a stable living situation. The only thing I knew was that I was doing what he told me, when he told me to do it. 

A constant reminder of the amazing people I have in my life.
When I said “Yes” one Sunday night in Honea Path, SC, I didn’t know exactly what that yes meant. I did know God had a call on my life to go to the nations, I have known this even before I knew him. I believe when we are born God places a purpose inside of us, as we change and grow that purpose matures and becomes clear. Even when we are not serving God we know that we are called to do something, I knew I was called to Africa by freshman year of high school. God has spent every moment of my life since I realized my calling maturing me.

Now back to what I said earlier God knew I would be sitting here in Ghana at 11pm writing this. He also knew that I needed to gradually be pulled away from the people I love the most; he gave me almost 2 years. 
Now being in Ghana, there is a grace on my life I have only experienced one other time…when I came to be his child. I’m not implying that because I am called living 5000 miles away from everything you know is easy, because it’s not. Some days I feel like I could stay here forever and other days I am counting down the seconds until I step back into America. There are times when I hate everything African and other times I have no idea how I functioned before I came here.

Here’s the thing, the feelings of my flesh are real; but they don’t change the call God has placed on my life. Every day I’m here God is squeezing me. Soon enough I’ll be squashed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment