Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Glory to Glory


7 weeks. Yep that is 1 month and 3 weeks or 49 days. Not that long.
Every week I am here I am grow closer to my Savior. Every day he teaches me something new about who he is.

I can say he has taught me that he has a sense of humor. Not every minute of every day is ministry and downtown can be filled with any number of things from diarrhea to random Ghanians watching you do absolutely nothing. Or there is losing the pencil sharpener and ending up with a 10 ft pole in your room to get it from under the bed. Yep, every day is different  
Let's get that sharpener!!

I have learned that God is so concerned with the little things that matter to us, no matter how small. He cares that I only like to use one kind of toothpaste and that I would never want to live without cheese. Yes, even after living in Africa for 7 weeks I still care about those things too.

They don’t matter as much as they once did. He has taught me since being here that the things that I once thought to be small should be the big things. More than anything he is always the main thing.

This past week I have been helping teach nursery kids (2-5 years) at Mother Smith School. I have been completely blessed by the things I have learned and the simplicity of their life.

More than anything these children at such a young age value education and God. It’s amazing.

Being there this week I have learned that nothing is more important to Ghanaians than family.  Before the elder child goes to school they will drop off their younger sibling (on feet of course) and then go to their school which can sometimes be miles away. But they never seem angry or rushed by having to do this they are always joyful and before they leave they are sure everything is in order with their brother or sister.

Me with the kids at school
Here at the age of 2 kids learn the Lord’s Prayer and say it in school every morning. They also have a time of worship which starts even before they greet their teachers.

The teacher of this class, Joyce, is an amazing woman. She teaches about 20 kids (2-5 years) every day pretty much alone and you can tell she loves it.

It has been an amazing week to say the least. To be able to just be a part of the everyday life here is a blessing.

I as the days pass I feel more and more at home. I can ride down the streets here and know I am in place, sometimes I even forget I’m in Africa. Home is where the heart is right; I’ve never felt so at home. 
 .
I can honestly say that I now truly understand 2 Corinthians 3:18. Living in his glory and being transformed from one glory to another.  

No comments:

Post a Comment