Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Not easy...worth it.

Today marks 6 weeks. That’s one month and 2 weeks that I have been gone.

Every day is getting easier. Every day is getting harder.

It’s easier because this is slowly becoming my home. The people I see every day are becoming my friends and family. I am building a life on faith here in Ghana.

It’s harder because every day I’m here I am away from my family that much longer. Every day I have been a little longer without my favorite food or TV show.
God takes time to remind who I am today. And to be frank nowhere in who I am does he ever list wimp. I didn’t come to Africa for an easy life. I came to see lives changed.

“No one said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it.”

Through the hard times and the easy I will remember who he has created me to be. And with all things aside I am strong because “I am my Father’s daughter.”
To see these children change the world!
Through the power outages and no water, I will remember my purpose. Through have 30 mosquito bites at once, I will remember the call upon my life. Through missing my friends and family and everything that is happening at home, I will remember that great works are being done here also.

To be real, no matter how much you love a place at some point it’s gonna suck (and Ghana is no exception to that rule).

So I have 4 months and 2 weeks left here in Ghana. Time is flying by and I’m sure I’ll wake up one day soon and wonder where it went. I am here on a journey to let these people know that they have hope. To show them there is a God in heaven who loves them more than anything. I am here to bring them the hope that was brought tom me in Pendleton High School almost 4 years ago. I am here to bring them Jesus.

My desire is nothing more than to see heaven open up on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment