Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The grace to be his Beloved

"Above all the grace and the gifts that Christ gives to his beloved is that of overcoming self."

As I sit here in this little room over 5000 miles away from home I realize that I have only gotten through this 3 week by grace. Although some of the things I have seen have been unreal and humbling I have come through with a greater understanding of who I am in Christ.
`Yesterday I got to experience a village in which they actually live in mud huts with grass tops, and the only water they have comes from a well. Although I was in this village to look at monkeys God brought to my attention that this is life for them and it’s not an easy life. I haven’t been here long and I cannot imagine ever being in such a situation it is so heart breaking.
One thing I have figured out in these 3 weeks is why I am here. I know God brought me here to minister and to reach people but I have always had the question of “why me?” Yesterday God revealed that I am here to come to the end of me. He has brought me to Ghana, West Africa to crucify Tesia and walk in the callings he has on my life. To think that he had to bring me so far to do it tells me I must be pretty stubborn, but it also shows me he knows I could handle this. I haven’t experienced any real culture shock at this point, I have actually received compliments on the way I carry myself as a missionary (which is very encouraging). I hiked 2 rather large places yesterday without complaint and went into the jungle where there were wild monkeys. As you all know I don’t do woods, hiking, or wild animals but the grace God has given me to face challenges here is unlike anything I have ever felt.
On another note I taught about 150 kids during 4 services this weekend and I have been asked to do children’s ministry every Sunday. I am teaching in the basement of the church with no supplies just a bible and an Ipod, but these children are so hungry for the word they sit, watch, and follow everything I do or say. Please join me in praying that God would provide finances for me to setup something more for these children. I would like to be able to give them coloring sheets or play games with them; most of them don’t even have a bible. If you want to give to help with this ministry you can give via pay pal or contact me for other ways.
Thank you so much for your continued support and prayer. As I am studying in Romans 10 I would is that you pray that I would continue to grow in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment