Join Me

I hope you enjoy reading about my life as a girl on a mission to Save the Lost (Luke 19:10). As I embark on this journey traveling where ever the Lord takes me I pray you will come with me in you thoughts and prayer.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

-Home is where the love is-


As my time here in Africa comes to an end all I can think about is going “home”. Often, after thinking about home I realize that I don’t actually have a “home” to go back to. Then I realize if home was a building or a house this would be true. One thing out, out of many, I have learned is that home is truly where you heart is.
The Word tells us, “Where your treasure is you heart will be there also” or something like that (Matthew 6:21).

 Being here away from the people I love has made me realize that my treasure is in those who have showed me love, even when I didn’t deserve. It hasn’t always been the “cuddle on the couch” love sometimes it has been love express through tears and hard words. But all along it has been love.

What I'm leaving :( <3
Then I realize that my treasure is also in the people I have come to love unconditionally. The kids I am hugging one minute and beating with a cane the next; the little boy who draws me a picture during the day, and pouts at night when he goes home; pastors, teachers, preachers that God has allowed me to meet and come to love.

So when I think about home I think about love. So where is home?

Is it here in the middle of West Africa? A place where there is never a guarantee of running water, power, or even a toilet. This place where no matter where I am I can always find a kid to show the love of Christ. This amazing little country with the most amazing people and the bumpiest red dirt roads I have ever witnessed. Is this my home?

Or

What I'm going home to :)
Is it in good ole Anderson County? The place where I was born and raised, a place where everybody knows and loves me even with all of my flaws. A place where I can curl up on a couch, watch tv, and never have to worry about giant bugs eating me. A tiny amazing place that barely shows up on a map but has the people I love most in the entire world and the best sweet tea I have ever drank. Is Anderson my home?

I find myself torn. Only 18 days until I leave the people I love to reunite with the people I love. When I got on the plane 4 ½ months ago I never knew it would be possible to love another place like I love Anderson.


I guess I have 2 homes now. Two places that no matter where I am in the world I will always yearn to be closer to the people who have taught me love.

No comments:

Post a Comment